The third openmamba pre-release is available with tag
snapshot 20080224. The tests on the
previous releases let us face and solve some relevant installation problems and the
result is a more simple installation procedure for most users. Many thanks to all the
beta testers who made this possible!
Here are the most important changes of this release:
- added support for installation in systems with different combinations of IDE, SATA and
- boot menu (grub 2): fixed support for Windows Vista boot
- installation wizard: check on partitions improved and the whole process has been made simpler by adding more pages to the wizard
- many system bugfixes
Before the stable release is ready we plan to release a forth (and last) pre-release with
the following changes:
- kernel: update to version 2.6.24
- configuration dialog for language, country, keyboard and time when installation starts
- boot menu: support for Windows and other chainloaded system boot from secondary disks
- boot menu: support for automatic configuration of other Linux systems
If you want to be informed about the latest news you may subscribe to the openmamba
newsletter by registering on the website.
The latest release can be downloaded from this page.
A first-use guide and a problems resolution guided procedure are available in the wiki. The wiki is currently being written in italian language, but we are looking forward to find help for translations! If you want to help us in this job please contact us.
openmamba adventure continues, we wish you an amazing experience!