The ISO images and archives of the seventh openmamba milestone2 pre-release are available for download.
- LibreOffice 3.4
- Firefox 7
- support for 4GB+ RAM system extended also to livecd-light version for server installations
- cdrtool -> cdrkit switch
- installation and system bugfixes
The downloadable media are:
- livedvd: complete and recommended for most installations, kernel for 4GB+ RAM systems can be selected at boot
- livecd: base system release limited to fit into a CD, the installation of the additional components in the livedvd version can be made after installation through a network connection
- livecd-gnome: GNOME desktop environment version for CD medium. Additional components can be installed from network after the installation. The system is stable and usable but the work on GNOME desktop is still in progress and any problem seen and reported will be rapidly fixed through system updates
- livecd-light: light version for optimized server installations and old for hardware with limited resources
- sdk: ARM EABI compatible root filesystem with the LXDE graphical environment. Suitable for the installation on ARM based mobile and embedded devices
- bootusb: auxiliary archive for booting and installing live media through a USB storage device.
All targets support x86 compatible archs (with the exception of sdk) and are available in english, italian and spanish languages. The ISO images can be burnt on CD/DVD media or installed in a USB pendrive and used to boot a live system and install it.
A detailed list of changes can be found on these pages: http://www.openmamba.org/distribution/distromatic.html?tag=milestone2&changelog
and on the git repository:
Thanks to all the people who contributed in different ways to the development of this new release of openmamba.